Work With Us!
Nova Scotia Dance Week, International Dance Day & Dare 2 Dance Coordinator
Apply for this position using the form that follows the position description.
Deadline for Applications: August 31, 2023
The Dance Week/Day and Dare 2 Dance Coordinator is a part-time casual administrative Contract for Services position which runs from October 2023 to May 2024. This position is ideal for a university or college student, or for someone looking to supplement their income with a casual and flexible experience.
The primary functions of this position are:
- Assisting the Dance Nova Scotia Executive Director with the search for the annual Dance Week Ambassador(s),
- The coordination and execution of the provincial Dance Week program and its Dare 2 Dance components,
- Acting as the liaison with the dance and general community within the province of Nova Scotia regarding events happening for International Dance Day.
Dance Week Ambassador(s)
- Work with the Dance Nova Scotia Executive Director to:
- Seek out nominations for the Dance Week Ambassador(s),
- Select the individual(s) to represent dance as Dance Week Ambassador(s),
- Liaison with the chosen Ambassador(s) leading up to Nova Scotia Dance Week and International Dance Day
- General promotion of the Ambassador9s) and the program.
Nova Scotia Dance Week/International Dance Day
- The coordination and execution of the provincial Dance Week program and its Dare 2 Dance components, including:
- Contacting dance and performing arts groups, dance organizations and dance schools in Nova Scotia to educate them on the Dance Week/Day and Dare 2 Dance programs
- Communicating activities and information with the dance community, business partners, government stakeholders, and media
- Promotion of Dance Week/Day and Dare 2 Dance
- Maintain awareness of events happening across the province for Dance Week/Day
Dare 2 Dance
The coordination and execution of the Dare 2 Dance programs, including:
- Connecting with elementary, secondary, and post-secondary schools to encourage their participation in Nova Scotia Dance Week via the Dare 2 Dance school program.
- Make Dance Week/Day inclusive for seniors by contacting retirement and care facilities to encourage their participation in Nova Scotia Dance Week via the Dare to Dance Seniors
- Support interested schools and organizations with information and resources of how they can integrate Dare 2 Dance into the school and/or classroom.
- Experience with multiple social media channels and platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok
- WordPress web publishing experience an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of Google Docs, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Creative thinker
- Independent with the ability to work
- Knowledge of local, and regional dance community
- Ability to manage event bookings in a diverse arts environment
- Budget management and planning experience
- Excellent communications, time management, and organizational skills
- Access to own vehicle/transportation an asset
Job Title: Dance Week/Day and Dare 2 Dance Coordinator
Location: Remote and the Dance Nova Scotia Office
Supervisor: Executive Director
Duration: October 2023 – May 2024
Type: Part-Time Casual
The contract period is a flexible part-time casual position and will be based on delivery of services within the key responsibilities for a total contract fee of $4000.00